The Pan‐African One Health platform on Neglected Zoonotic Diseases ( PA OH NZD) was created in a bid to, harness strengths from disease specific networks and provide a platform for inter-sectoral collaboration. Such a network will strengthen the communication, cooperation and coordination among scientists and control authorities concerned NZD in Africa across sectors and disciplines.
The PAN-African One Health platform further seeks to recognize the need for the collection of information resources on neglected zoonotic diseases in Africa and disseminating it through this platform. The main objective of this platform is provide advice on neglected zoonotic diseases diagnostics, treatment and prevention. The identification of existing independent Neglected Zoonotic Diseases (NZD) networks that are separate and apart from the other where NZD and One Health activities might be of great importance as it establishes an overarching and one stop Pan African NZD “platform” for advocacy
Henceforth all single string NZD networks with their associated stakeholders can work in a coordinated format that ensures effective dissemination of culturally and environmentally acceptable advocacy on NZD prevention and control. A coordinated approach will assist in persuading decision makers and empowering stakeholders at local, regional, and international levels towards a coordinated fight against neglected zoonotic diseases (NZD) in Africa. In light of this greater need for related zoonotic networks in Africa to operate in a structured manner whereby information, ideas, new tools, existing tools and other related information could be shared and advocated; the Pan African Platform therefore seeks:
- Coordinate and secure continuous advocacy for the intersectoral approach for surveillance and control of NZD in humans and animals in Africa;
- Maintain a forum for continuous communication among stakeholder regarding surveillance and control of NZD in Africa;
- Inform about NZD related research and training activities.
- To collect information resources on neglected zoonotic diseases situate in Africa, and disseminating it through a common platform;
- To provide culturally relevant advice on neglected zoonotic diseases diagnostics, treatment and prevention in Africa;
- To identify existing independent NZD networks that are separate and apart from the other where NZD and One Health activities might be of great importance;
- To establish an overarching and one stop Pan African NZD “platform” for advocacy
- To coordinate all single string NZD networks together with their associated stakeholders to provide acceptable advocacy on NZD prevention and control which is culturally and environmentally acceptable.
- To persuade decision makers in Africa and at the same instance to empower stakeholders at local, regional, and international levels to work towards a coordinated fight against NZD
- To provide all such services and to do all such acts as in the opinion of the ADVANZ can be advantageously provided or done by ADVANZ by way of expansion of or in connection with the purpose and objects of the ADVANZ or are calculated directed or indirectly to further any such purpose and objects;
- Generally to do or undertake all or any such acts, matters or things as are incidental or conclusive to the attainment for all or any of the foregoing objects.
You can download a copy of the Pan-African One Health Platform on Neglected Zoonotic Diseases Brochure here under: